Wednesday, September 22, 2010

JCHC First Look: 105th Title Slides

Back to work this week on the 105th video project.  Instead of spending my day fooling around with Google Earth again, I figured I would spend some time with the overall design of the video.

The first thing I decided needed some work was the opening title for the video.  So, I spent some time with Adobe Photoshop CS5 designing a basic title.  What I came up with was an image of an old Civil War era map on a piece of tattered and worn parchment paper.
Take a look:


The process for making this involved me finding this parchment texture through the Google Image Search:
                                             

Then, I had to find a map texture to overlay on the parchment.  Once again, Google Image Search was used to find this:



Once I had the two images that I desired, I did a bit of simple photo editing with Photoshop to layer the images together and blend them into one.

The next step was to add the title text.  For this step I first made a slide with "Tracking the Wild Cats:" and then made a slide with "Tracking the Wild Cats: The Story of the One Hundred and Fifth Regiment of Pennsylvania Volunteers."  By having two slides that are just slightly different, I was able to transition them together to get a neat effect.

Check out the test video:


That about does it for now...
Time to go work on some more slide design for the video.

As always, feel free to contact me with any questions or comments.

-Nathan

No comments:

Post a Comment