Friday, September 24, 2010

JCHC Updates: Facebook and Twitter

I thought today I would share some new things that I've done for the JCHC and the blog.  First of all, you might notice the new header image I added to the top of this page.  I designed the image to give a better overall look to the blog.  I used Photoshop to make the simple image, and I found the fonts that are used at a really cool website.  It's called FontSpace, and it's home to thousands of free fonts for you to download and use.

Today was also spent connecting the JCHC beyond my blog and our website.  Social media is a huge medium right now that only continues to grow.  I thought it would be appropriate for the JCHC to have a Facebook page and a Twitter account to keep our patrons updated with news and special events.  I also added a box on the right-hand side of this blog that shows the Facebook updates right here on this page.  Here are the links:

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jefferson-County-History-Center-Brookville-PA/128002143919027?ref=ts

Twitter: http://twitter.com/JCHConline

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, share us with your friends and family, and keep updated!  Enjoy!

-Nathan

No comments:

Post a Comment