Friday, September 17, 2010

JCHC First Look: 105th Video Test

Today, I decided to start experimenting with screen capture and video editing.  The software that I use to capture the video from Google Earth is called iShowU.  I tested out a few different video screen capture software for Mac OS X, and this one does everything that I want and is relatively easy to use.  For the editing software, I'm running iMovie '08.  In middle school, iMovie had just come out on the market, and my school actually offered a class in iMovie editing (which was one of my favorite classes I've ever taken).  The software has changed a lot since the last time I was an active user, so I'm still getting used to some of the features that this newer version offers.


I did a few tests to see how the editing will work on this video and compiled it into a preview to share.  By no means is this anywhere close to what the final project will look like, but it does offer a little taste into what the end result will include.

Enjoy!


Sorry about the end of the video.  I was having a little trouble getting the timing down for the narration, but I wanted to share this preview.  This is still very much a work in progress.  Whenever I have more clips to share, I'll definitely post them.

-- For anybody that uses YouTube, feel free to subscribe to my new channel.  It will be the host to all the videos I make while working at the JCHC.  --

As always, feel free to contact me for questions or comments.

-Nathan

2 comments:

  1. Nathan:
    Your work in progress promises to be phenomenal! This blog is truly amazing...I've set a bookmark to this site. Can't wait to see what you develop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the positive feedback! Instead of using a bookmark, you can even subscribe to the rss feed for my blog at this link:
    http://njpearce-jchc.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss

    ReplyDelete